Are you building a new house? Or renovate the new home building completed in the wake? Sometimes we will find hair cracks in the walls of the house. The term hairline cracks have appeared because of the cracks in the walls around 1mm so said to be similar to the thickness of hair. Hairline cracks will not get through to the side of the wall next to it, so it is not classified as severe damage to houses.
Here is the cause of the appearance of hair cracks in the wall of the house:
- The composition of the mixture of plaster walls of the building is not good so that when dry, shrinks and becomes cracked
- Currently acian workmanship, plastering yet perfectly dry condition so that when the process of hydration, moisture hindered acian / paint and cracks appeared on the walls of buildings to escape the water vapor
- Currently acian workmanship stucco is dry, but do not do so acian less wetting perfect stick and cause cracks.
According to the observations most cases there is always the hair cracks on the walls of the building process is done in a hurry, instant and tend to “chase deadlines”. The contractor can anticipate the cracks in the wall using a primer that serves as a cover hairline cracks. Another case if you buy a house on the developer / developer or build your own with TVC design services. Because you can do complain while they no guarantee of care (usually 6 months / 180 days).
Here we present the tricks and tips to cope with hairline cracks in the walls of the house. This would require expert assistance. Stages as follows:
- Scrape all layers of paint and coating plamir with kapi or metal brush.
- Continue by sanding until the surface looks entirely acian.
- Clean the wall with a roll or a damp cloth to remove dirt and dust as well as doing wetting the wall.
- Close the gap at the location of cracks with wall filler (you can buy in a store building), if hard to find can be replaced with a special cement for the floor tile grout filler.
- Once dry (+/- 7 days), can be coated with plamur good quality.
- uAfter plamir dried, can be followed by sanding in order to smooth and seal the surface of the wall with paint primer or sealer
- And lastly walls could be repainted with paint color desired.
Hopefully the above tips can be useful to overcome the problem of hair cracks in the walls of your house